In the last few months, my diet has changed a lot. And the more I read about it, the more it interests me, but it also scares me. To know what has happened with your food before it ends on your plate is just terrifying. That’s why I try to make as much from scratch as possible. I have been drinking nut milks for the last year or so, but just like the applesauce, I had no idea you could easily make it yourself. It’s really easy, doesn’t require a lot of work, only some preparation time since you need to soak the nuts a night.
I tried two versions, one with almonds and one with hazelnuts, but you can mix them or try other nuts, the principle stays the same.
Only thing is, the milk gets sour fast, so if anyone has some tips for that, feel free!
- 1 cup raw nuts
- 4 cups filtered water + more for soaking
- 2 dates
- Soak the nuts overnight in a bowl of water.
- Strain and rinse the soaked nuts.
- Ladle the nuts and water into the juicer.
- If you want a sweeter milk add the dates.